Monday, December 21, 2009

Only 3 More Shopping Days

I think I might need every minute of them. I am usually done my shopping by now but somehow this year, things are different. I'm having trouble remembering which day is Christmas, I keep thinking it's Saturday instead of Friday, and I seem to be doing more at the last minute when I would prefer not to be even going near the stores at this point in time. They said on the news tonight that it would be a 10 to 15 minute wait for a parking space at the shopping mall nearest me if you were so inclined, can you imagine?? I'm not in a "bah, humbug" frame of mind, I'd just really like to avoid the crowds if possible.

In the meantime, there are lots of good Christmas shows and movies on TV to watch, if you have time. My favourites include "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the original, animated version narrated by Boris Karloff), the Mr. Bean Christmas special (the one where he gets the turkey stuck on his head, each year I can never remember exactly how that happens) and the eternal classic, "It's a Wonderful Life".

I hope you are enjoying some of your favourite things this week, amid the hustle and bustle.

No comments: