Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can It Really Be This Late?


I am just logging on to prove that I am awake at 3:36 a.m. Those of you who know me will be amazed to learn that I am just getting home after a long day of socializing and bar hopping (but you won't be surprised to learn that I didn't even have one drink, since I was the designated driver!).
We had our company holiday party today, which started at noon at the Academy of Spherical Arts, which is a fancy name for an upscale billiards parlour. There was a lovely buffet lunch and we played some pool and did the chit chat thing with work colleagues from various local offices. Then a few of us went to an Irish pub nearby, followed by a trip downtown to a bar called Pravda where we met up with a few more fellow employees who had gone there directly after the party. Then 4 of us went to a pub for some dinner, then to another pub uptown a bit to shoot some more pool and ended the night with a trip to a nightclub where we did a little dancing. Getting to the nightclub involved squeezing 5 of us, me and 4 guys, in a pizza delivery car that offered us a ride when the cabs wouldn't take 5 people in one car! Talk about funny.

I know, it's so not me, isn't it? And I have to tell you, it was so much fun! But now my body is starting to realize how late it is and that maybe my back is going to be a little sore tomorrow and it's time to get to bed. Luckily, I don't have to get up too early tomorrow but I do have a family Christmas party to go to that involves a two hour drive in the early afternoon and taking an appetizer for which I do not yet have the ingredients, but luckily I won't be the one driving, so it's all good!

No comments: