Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End Is Near


Can you believe today is the last day of the first decade of this new millenium we were all talking about ad nauseum 10 years ago?

As usual, I am asking myself where this past year went, it seemed to fly by just as all the others before it have done. All in all, it was a fabulous year. I was fortunate to be able to go on three wonderful trips (to Puerto Vallarta in January, Milwaukee in June and Tucson in November), make new friends both at home and away (all of whom I hope will be a part of my life for a long time to come), explore new directions both with my jewellery and other art forms. Saying goodbye to my beloved Carly after 17 years of love and companionship was the worst part of this past year, I am still missing my little furball dreadfully.

When I look back on the decade as a whole, I am amazed at the various significant events that have taken place. For me personally, the most traumatic thing was losing my dad in 2005. Second to that was the horror of 9/11 in 2001. It's funny how both those times seem like just yesterday and also as if they happened a long time ago, they are just so interwoven into the fabric of my being. I've sold two houses in the past ten years and moved three times. I've travelled within Canada and the U.S. as well as to various spots in Europe and enjoyed one memorable month in Australia. I've had 3 different employers during this time and learned important lessons from all of them. I've lived through most of my forties, lost two grandparents and a few other relatives and close friends, gained four nephews, been in love a few times and had my heart trampled once or twice, discovered beading, endured a herniated disk in my back and said goodbye to my uterus, been gliding and hot air ballooning.

All in all, it has been an eventful 10 years and I am very much looking forward to seeing what the next decade has in store for us. There is just no way of knowing what lies around the corner but at this moment in time, I am feeling very positive about the future and ready to move ahead into the unknown.

Wishing you all the very best for a happy and healthy 2010, come what may.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That was a beautiful blog Cynthia. Happy New Year my Friend. I've enjoyed watching you blossom these last few years and I have to say Success Looks Good on you. Sharon

kate mckinnon said...

Happy New Year!