Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Love Is All Around

Remember the opening song from the Mary Tyler Moore show back in the '70s? "Love is all around, no need to waste it". (I always thought the next line was, "you can never tell, why don't you take it?" only I have just discovered that it is actually, "you can have the town, why don't you take it?". Say what?? Not sure I'm too keen on the true lyrics but...moving on...)

Alternatively, there is that song by Wet Wet Wet from the movie "Four Weddings and A Funeral" - "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. Love is all around me and so the feeling grows..."

My friend Sharon posted a picture on her blog the other day (see link for The Psychic Cottage on the right hand side of this blog) of this cheerio she found in her cereal bowl a few weeks ago. Actually, there are a couple of postings on the topic - one back on November 9th about how she found the cheerio but didn't have her camera, so she saved the cheerio in her desk and then another on Nov 26th describing how the person who sits next to her at work had a camera in the office so she asked him to take a photo of this cheerio. The story is probably funnier if you know my friend Sharon, she has a reputation for not being your typical co-worker and I mean that as a compliment, but anyway, the point is this: she found this cheerio with a heart in the centre.


Which in turn reminded me of a cactus we saw in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. My friend Heather noticed that one of the holes carved in this saguaro cactus by a nesting cactus wren was actually heart-shaped. Can you see it? The one second from the top?

I like to believe that sometimes the universe likes to send us little messages. Like when you're driving at night and all of a sudden a street light winks on or off. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but some days, it's nice to think there is someone or something out there sending you love and good thoughts.

Sharon put this quote on her blog and I wanted to share it with y'all - “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” (Jon Bon Jovi )

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Dear Cynthia. Thank you for mentioning my Heavenly Cheerio. Love the cactus! Isn't life fun.

Sharon

P.S. What do you mean I'm a different kind of co-worker, ha ha ha.