Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 1, Class 1 - Susan Lenart Kazmer

Today is day one of a three day session taught by Susan Lenart Kazmer here at the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee. You may recall I talked about Susan in my blog on April 7th when I first got her book, "Making Connections".

This class is called "Creating Jewellery - Relics, Ruins and Personal Objects". According to the description in the course catalogue, we will be making bracelets, charms, dimensional pendants, rings and earrings and we will be "challenging commonly held notions of what is considered jewellery". Sounds cool, doesn't it??
We'll be learning how to alter found objects and I've been collecting bits of metal that I've found over the past few weeks. My sister asked me last week, "why do you keep picking up those things?" and I said, "because I'm taking a class with Susan Lenart Kazmer!" I've got flattened bottle caps and rusty washers and springs and bits of metal, all jingling around in a Ziploc bag. Hopefully the Customs agent won't remove these goodies from my suitcase as I cross the border.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope the class is going well! We're all so excited about the show here at BeadStyle, Bead&Button, and Art Jewelry magazines. Classes have already started, and I can't wait to get to the Marketplace this weekend! For more info, go to BeadAndButtonShow.com.