Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Eventful Day

Thank you very much to my cousin Catherine, who hosted a jewellery show at her home for me today. Not a very big turnout but we had a good visit and lots of fun, everyone was very complimentary about my creations and went home with something they liked.

Here's a photo of my cousin Cameron trying on one of my necklaces, and his sister Claire and her friend Christina doing the same. The kids were so cute, they all wanted to either touch or try on every piece.









This is my aunt Barb, modelling the necklace that she bought. It's a very dainty wire wrapped design and suited her both her personality and her rose coloured top perfectly.


I was about an hour late arriving to Catherine's house as there was a serious accident on the highway just as I was heading to her place. All five lanes of traffic were completely blocked, no cars were getting through and we were stuck for over 45 minutes. It was the first time I've ever been in a traffic backlog where everyone turned off their engines and got out of their cars to talk and look around. Apparently a motorcyclist ended up under a tractor trailer. They actually landed the medivac helicopter on the highway in front of us and took the victim away. I was only about 10 cars from the scene of the accident so was able to get this photo. I was amazed at the number of cars that stopped on the overpass above and the people inside got out to have a look at what was going on. All in all, it sounded pretty serious for the victim, who at last report had suffered injuries to both legs and was undergoing surgery but hopefully he's going to be okay in the long run.
As inconvenienced as the rest of us were, I think we were all pretty glad to be stuck in traffic in the sun on a pleasant Sunday afternoon, instead of being the one airlifted away from the scene.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi, oh I haven't seen that lovely red hair in so long. God bless them.