Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's an Odd Day

Did you know that today's date, 5/7/09, is made up of three consecutive odd numbers? According to this website, http://www.oddday.net/, this only happens six times this century and then we have to wait another 90 years until it happens again.

Apparently, I just wasn't paying attention before because it has already happened twice since we clicked into the new millenium, on 1/3/05 and 3/5/07, and I missed the significance. The next three dates to watch out for are: 7/9/11, 9/11/13 and 11/13/15.

One thing that I find odd is that I had never used a dremel to clean the bead release out of my finished beads before, until today. Now that I have, I wonder why I ever spent the time to clean them painstakingly by hand with a bead reamer when it is so much more fun, quicker and more effective to do it with the speedy, vibrating dremel.

They have one set up at Beadfx, hanging from something that looks a bit like an IV stand, beside a bucket full of grey water in the lampwork studio. I dropped a bead into the bucket by mistake and had to feel around for it. It's weird when you can't see what you're looking for. I felt something else on the bottom of that bucket but I didn't want to investigate too closely into what it might be, I just snatched up my bead and got my hand out of there! There could be a Loch Ness-type monster lurking in those murky depths, ready to have a little nibble on any unsuspecting fingers who ventured in unawares, who can say for sure there isn't? But aside from that little adventure, it's all good - I have a batch of very clean beads and plans to take my stash of uncleaned ones in with me next time I go so I can get them all prettied up and ready to use.


No comments: