Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Great Day


Just got home a little while ago from spending all day at the Toronto Bead Society spring bead fair. What a great day. I worked at the Dixon Chick booth and what a lot of fun it was. Stephanie (the Chick in Charge, of both her own booth and coordinating all the volunteers) and I (the assistant Chick) had so much fun chatting with all the lovely ladies who came by her booth to ask about wire crochet classes and techniques and buy wire.

I also did a little shopping, natch. I tried not to, but had to do a tour around and visit my favourite vendors, and a few things caught my eye as I did. But mostly I walked quickly past most places and managed to restrain myself. However, I did buy a few new treasures which I will share with you in blog postings to come. Luckily, Stephanie was kind enough to pay me for my day's labour and that went a long way to offsetting my bead purchases today, as otherwise, my new budget which went into effect only yesterday would be totally shot already! (oops)

Right now, I am weary in that way you get after a busy, fun day full of chit chat and activity. My brain is swirling around a bit with all the images of the day but my body is tired and ready for bed. Of course, it's too early for that and there are a few things I need to do to get ready for tomorrow's jewellery show at my cousin Catherine's. Plus my laundry is still in the dryer. As they say, no rest for the weary!

No comments: