Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Carin's Beads

Last summer in France, I shared a room with a lovely woman named Carin who lives in B.C. (we thought it was appropriate that the only 2 Canadians in the group should room together and it turned out to be a good fit). It turns out she makes lampwork beads too, only once I saw the type of things she has made, I had to admit to myself that I am still operating on a learner's permit when it comes to bead making - I bow to her greatness.

Check out this marble bead bracelet that she made - I love the bigness of the beads and the decorating on them is so beautiful:







Carin told me that if I gave her one of the old fashioned skeleton keys that I had bought at the vide grenier, she would put a bead on it, so I did and last week, a package arrived with these two treasures inside:



I find the spiked heart to be especially punk in style. I am wondering if I can find some chain that looks a bit like barbed wire to hang it from, it kind of cries out for something like that, don't you think?
Thank you, Carin!!

No comments: