Friday, May 22, 2009

Plinky

My friend Dwyn from Beadfx recently blogged about a website called plinky.com. Apparently you can go there to get inspiration about what to write about if you're stuck for ideas. You can also post your answers and share them with Plinky readers. (I mostly just like their name, since it rhymes with "slinky" which is just such a great sounding word)

I finally checked it out today and the suggested topic was "what sport do you wish was more popular?" Hmm, that doesn't really get me going too much (my answer would be archery).

You can also check out previous suggestions from yesterday, the day before, etc. Those ones seemed a little bit more engaging to me - for example, recommend a book to read on the beach (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - it's close to 1,000 pages but you won't want it to end! Thank goodness it's just the first of a series); what's your favourite place to people watch? (hard to say, I like to people watch wherever I go); Martha Stewart is coming for dinner, what do you serve to impress her? (gee, that would be difficult, wouldn't it? I don't see Martha as someone who is easy to impress nor would I care whether or not she was. I'd probably serve my dad's lasagna recipe just because it's so good, it's usually what I make for company and once I was actually proposed to by someone who was favourably impressed by it so maybe it would work on Martha too); name three songs that sound best at full volume ("Don't Fear the Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult - one of my most favourite songs EVER, "Start Me up" - The Rolling Stones, and "Taking Care of Business" - Bachman Turner Overdrive) and my favourite for this week, is it better to have loved and lost or never to have loved at all? (oh, so easy to answer, it's definitely better to have loved, even though it's so incredibly painful if you lost that love but at least you'll always have the memory of how wonderful it was while it lasted.)



Okay, gotta go crank some tunes now!

No comments: