Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Victoria Day

I had a lovely Victoria Day, I hope you did too. It was a beautiful, sunny day although a little on the chilly side for this time of year, especially if you found yourself in the shade and not the sun.

I puttered around a bit this morning and then headed downtown to meet Kate McKinnon at the Delta Chelsea. We walked over to the Skydome or Rogers Centre by way of Nathan Phillips Square. It's fun to walk around our fair city with someone from out of town, showing them the sights. A bit daunting if you can't remember or don't know the who, why, where or what about something but hey, it's a good opportunity to learn new stuff. Such as, why do we have a statue of Winston Churchill next door to Osgoode Hall? What's connection between Sir Winston and Toronto?

We had a great time at the ball game, the Jays won 3-2, making it a clean sweep of the four game weekend series. Afterwards, we took a stroll along Queen Street and checked out some of the funky shops that were open and peeked in the windows of those that weren't.


I was a little weary when I got home around 7 p.m. and had just changed into my p.j.'s and was about to settle in for a quiet night when I got a call from my sister to meet her and her friend to see the new Star Trek movie. Plenty of time for a quick change and back in the car. Loved the movie!!

Now off to bed so I'll be fresh for the next two days of classes at Beadfx with Kate - looking forward to seeing her new designs and making a few of my own.

No comments: