Thursday, July 30, 2009

Durfort Workshop 2008 - Day 4

On this Thursday of our week long PMC workshop in Durfort with Kate McKinnon, I had a rather slow day overall. We were starting to get the sense that time was running out and everyone else seemed to be going gungho along on their projects. I didn't realy have any ideas and couldn't quite seem to get going, so I ended up copying one of Kate's pieces, with her very kind permission. It's a piece that I love and I'm so glad to have it. I don't know what it is called, I call it a spinner piece because the pieces all spin and it's meant to be either a pendant or a connecting piece, as there are rings on either side to which you could connect something else. Kate likes to add patina to her pieces but I really liked the look of this piece with the silver all shiny and bright.

After lunch, I had booked a massage with Nese, our cook. She was very, very good and it was just what I needed and I felt much more creative and more relaxed when I got back to the studio. All the other ladies were still working away, I don't think they had moved since I left!

Since I don't have much more to tell you about this day, I will show you a few more photos of La Cascade and Durfort.

This is one of the streets of Durfort, with the quench running down the middle.



This is a picture of one of the meals Nese served us, with the colourful table and fabulous floral centrepieces.





About a block down the street, around the corner and across an old stone bridge, there was a water fountain where we went to fill up containers with fresh spring water. I think the fountain is said to be protected by the Virgin Mary herself, as there is a statue of her nearby. It seemed slightly unusual to me to find a family picnicing there under Mary's watchful eyes the first time we went but it was certainly a lovely, peaceful spot and fresh and cool water - an easy stroll there and back just before meal time to ensure we had enough fresh water on the table.












This last picture shows the bridge and the idyllic view down the river.

No comments: