Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mastering the Self-Timer

One of my goals for this week was to learn how to use the self-timer on my point and shoot digital camera in order to take pictures of myself doing ordinary, every day things for a project I am working on (more about that later).

I have completely ignored the timer button on my camera for the 2 years that I've owned it but as soon as I went looking for it, there it was. A quick glance at the instruction book and I gave it a whirl. Guess what? It worked! Easy Peasy!! Here's the result, a picture of me and Max:

Then I thought I would take a picture of myself brushing my teeth. Except that I thought of it after I started brushing and figured I would just keep going and work the camera with one hand. Then I forgot I had to push the timer button first, so I got a few pictures of myself doing what I thought was setting the camera but what was in reality taking pictures of myself looking rather goofy. Finally I figured it out and took the shot I thought I wanted, which was me brushing my teeth from behind. In the end, it was the 2nd shot that I liked the best! :)

No comments: