Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mistaken Identity


The Toronto Bead Society has a section on their website called "Member Links", where members can post their website or blog addresses for others to view. I had submitted my blog address when I renewed my membership in the summer but hadn't visited the website until a couple of weeks ago, only to discover they had the wrong link posted for me.

They had posted this link by mistake: http://cynfulcreations.blogspot.com/. It's the blog of a woman more than half my age with a young child who only has about a month worth of blog topics (which mostly seem to be about the topic of blogging and her efforts to find a part time job) and she hasn't blogged anything new since April 2008.

I knew this blog existed when I created mine, which is why my name includes the word "Canada" in it. Knowing we were focused on different subjects (I'm not sure what it is she is creating but it doesn't appear to be jewellery related), I didn't think she would mind if I shared the name.

I have since found another blogger with "our" name: http://cynful-creations.com/blog/. She is a photographer named Cynthia Fletcher, who appears to have set her blog up since I did, but she too hasn't blogged for a while (since March of this year) and she only has 2 blog postings in total, so again, probably not too much of a conflict.

As far as the TBS mixup, it was an easy fix. I just emailed the TBS website editor to let her know there was a problem and they corrected it right away.

I had someone send me a message the other day through Facebook, asking me if I had lived in New Rochelle, NY in 1969 and attended a certain high school. Needless to say, that isn't me either (I hadn't even graduated from public school in 1969!) but it's interesting to know there are other people out there in the world with your name, living completely different lives. Sometimes I Google my name to see who they are and what they're doing in their alternate universe, just for fun. You should try it, you might find the results to be very entertaining.

No comments: