Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Creative Art Journals - Class 1


Last Thursday night was my first class in Creative Art Journals. The first thing our teacher, Toni Caldarone, had us make was a name tag. I modelled mine on Jennifer Heynen's blog signature, which she made with her new Copics markers (see her blog posting from September 1th here: http://jenniferjangles.blogspot.com/2009/09/pumpkins-and-markers.html).

We spent a fair amount of time talking about what is planned for the next few classes and discussing art supplies (many of which can be picked up inexpensively at Dollarama, who knew?) and then we worked on our next exercise. The teacher asked us to flip through magazines and find (1) one colour, (2) one pattern and (3) one letter. She also gave us a patterned square about 3 inches square. I picked the letter "C" because it's the first letter of my first name but when my patterned square turned out to be a nautical design, I went looking for the colour and decided I would make something reminiscent of the "sea". The red and white pattern I chose was actually a picture of the top of a pastry! Here's the finished result, with a little bit of wording added, including this quote: "As they say, we can't predict the wind, but we can set the sails."

No comments: