Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spiderwebs

In the spirit of Hallowe'en, I was reminded of some very cool spiderwebs we had this year at the cottage one morning in late August. I think it was the cool evening temperate combined with a heavy dew that resulted in a morning display of cobwebs unlike anything we had ever seen before, they were everywhere on all the trees. It was quite unusual, especially the way they wrapped around the ends of each of the branches on the pine trees, and I was so entralled, I ran outside in my pyjamas and slippers to take a bunch of photos. Luckily, there weren't any actual spiders (ick) in the webs, just the ghostly evidence they had left behind. As soon as the temperature warmed up and the sun came out, the moisture dried up and you couldn't see the webs any more, but for a while, it was pretty magical.




In fact, they looked a little bit like this honeycomb choker I am currently making:








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are the coolest pictures. Spooky. Sharon