Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunday Afternoon on Queen Street West

Started with brunch at a French restaurant with Diane and Lorraine, sharing our journals from our recent voyages.  I would have gotten a picture of the three of us except I was too busy photographing and sampling the gorgeous pastries!  (the lemon meringue tart, pictured in bottom left of photo, was deeeelish!)

Afterwards, the 3 of us paid a visit to the Paper Place across the street, where I was able to limit myself to only 1 new roll of washi tape (mostly because I already own most of the ones they sell there!). Diane then headed home and Lorraine and I drove to Woolfitt's Art Supplies, several blocks west.
The art store is easy to find, check out the paint job!
Since Woolfitt's very kindly offers 2 hours of free parking for its customers, Lorraine and I decided to explore the neighbourhood and we strolled along several more blocks of Queen Street West.  We checked out all four floors of art on display in the historic Gladstone Hotel (more on that in a separate post):

checked out a few antique/junk stores (I found a Canadian geography text dating back to 1922 for only $10 in this funky place)

and of course, visited the yard sale mentioned in yesterday's post.

Cool architecture and artwork abounds on this street in the heart of Toronto and it was the perfect day for a stroll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool town. Is the art store as fun inside as its facade?

Domenico