Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Gift from the Wonderful Denise

As you may recall, at the end of March last year, I attended Art & Soul Hampton and met a lovely group of ladies who call themselves "The Tribe".  (I could have sworn I blogged about them but when I went looking for the post today, I couldn't find it - very strange.)  This group of women had met the year before and had spent the year in between taking part in an apron exchange.  They all picked out an apron and started it off , then over the year, each apron was sent to each member of the Tribe to embellish, with each person adding a little something of their own choosing.  When they got together at A&S last year, everyone saw the finished aprons for the first time.  I was lucky enough to be invited along for the big reveal - here they all are modelling their gorgeous aprons:
L to R: Cheryl, Bette, Cindy, Laura, Denise, Carol, Heather and Anne
They are all at A&S Virginia again this year but I didn't go (it was a little too soon for me to be travelling again so soon after being away in Seattle last month).  I also chose not to take part in this year's round robin, which was known as the "Tote and Tome" consisting of a book and a tote bag, as I knew the mailing charges back and forth between Canada and the U.S. would be astronomical for everyone involved.  Nevertheless, the wonderful Denise sent me something in the mail which I received the other day - these beautiful tags.  They have fabulous fabric on one side:

one of which features one of my favourite animals (meow):

and on the other side (this is the best part), pictures of some of my foster kittens, past and present:

Four beautiful tags, just like the one she made for the tote bags of each of the other Tribesters.  What a clever idea and how very thoughtful of Denise to do this for me, thank you so much!!

Of course, since one of them has her picture in it, Yonhee is convinced that they are meant to be a toy for her
but for now, I thought maybe I'd hang them on my doorknobs to show them off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lucky you! Those are unbelievably special.