Monday, March 12, 2012

Journal Junkies March Meeting

I'm off to Bizzy B tonight for the March meeting of our Journal Junkies group.  This month's theme was songs/lyrics/theme songs.  I had a certain idea in mind when I started looking up music quotes online. Then I opened a magazine and started flipping through, looking for an image I might want to use.  When I found this one, I knew exactly what quote I was going to use and suddenly, my original idea went on the back burner (I still like the idea and will be sure to use it a later date) and this is what I came up with:

The quote reads: "The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet."  Attributed to a man by the name of Oliver Herford, who was known as "the American Oscar Wilde".  I hope this quote doesn't offend anyone of Scottish descent, I actually love the bagpipes, but the fact that I actually found a picture of a guy in tartan boxers playing a Dirt Devil instrument (it was a Target ad)...I just couldn't resist!

Okay, so my page isn't so much about songs as it is about music, or more specifically a musical instrument, but that's the beauty of journaling prompts - you can take them literally or just follow them in the direction that your art wants to take you.