Thursday, January 26, 2012

Heading to Port Townsend

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the roof, which is such a delightful noise when you are snuggled up cozy warm in a comfortable bed and dozing in and out of dreams.  Not such a good thing when you've got a two hour drive to your destination and have to pack a lot of supplies into various cars, and will no doubt make our ferry crossing less scenic than it would otherwise be.  Hopefully the rain will stop before we need to get underway.

I arrived in Seattle only a few minutes later than promised by the airline.  My friend Laurie was not so lucky, not only did her airplane completely change her flight (which she luckily discovered two days ago, in plenty of time) but her plane was a good two hours late, so we didn't get a chance to see her last night, will catch up to her when we arrive at our destination, Fort Worden.

Teesha Moore and Jane Davenport picked me up at the airport and we drove back to Teesha's house, where Jane and I are staying while we're here in Seattle.  What a beautiful home it is!  It's like being in an art gallery, full of colour and fabulous works of art and everything combined together in such a comfortable and welcoming way.  It makes me want to rush home and redecorate my place!  Just as an example, here's what my bedroom looks like:

Those two packages on my bed were things I had ordered and shipped here, like the books I'd found in St. Augustine for Teesha and Tracy back in November and the Ranger paint dabbers I need for the class Jane is teaching next weekend. Jane and I each brought presents.  After last week's snowstorm here, I knew everyone needed a pair of these mittens:

Jane brought me (all the way from Australia) this vintage cookie tin that looks like a trolley bus (it looks orange in the photo but it's red). She has one she uses to keep all her pencil crayons in:

We have been talking non-stop, sharing stories and ideas, ordering goodies on the Internet after seeing something one of the others has, like the Dottariffic markers Jane brought - markers with a round end to make perfect dots in both small and large sizes.  You can find them here: Paperinkarts. 

Tracy was working late prior to being out of town for the next several days, so Teesha took us to dinner at the this authentic Neapolitan pizza place called Tutta Bella. We ordered 5 of the personal sized pizzas and shared, they were all delicious!  (I even liked the one that was covered in chopped up green olives, who knew?) We took the leftovers home for Tracy and went back to the house for more conversation and lots of laughing before heading to bed.

Gotta go shower, the packing of the cars will begin shortly. More adventures await!

2 comments:

Marcia DeCoster said...

You do get around! Enjoy.

Irenee said...

I am thinking of you. Enjoy your creative time in Seattle.. . . I want to hear all about it! xxo