Wednesday, May 19, 2010

100 Days and Counting Down!

I finally found the place to edit my gadget counting down until my trip to France. Luckily, I did it just in time to celebrate the fact that my departure date is only 100 days away!! I'm so excited.
I've bought my plane ticket already, hoping to take advantage of lower fares before the more expensive summer travel season begins. I'm also hoping that volcano won't be erupting when it's time for me to leave! I've transferred the money for the ticket out of my tax free savings account (where I've been $100 every payday for several months now) and onto my credit card, so that's a good thing. I've paid half of my deposit for lodgings to Kate McKinnon and will be paying her the second half tomorrow, which is also good.

BTW, if you'd like to create your own countdown gadget for an event, here's the link to the place where you can do so:
http://ppbk967fqtnfht2nv3ss7qvpvhlj8qv3.open.gmodules.com/ig/creator?url=http://www.calebegg.com/countdown.xml&up_eve=I%20leave%20for%20France&up_mon=8&up_dat=27&up_yer=2010&synd=open&w=200&h=80&title=__MSG_countdown__+&lang=all&country=ALL&border=%23ffffff%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%23993333%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%23bb5555%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%23DD7777%7C0px%2C2px+solid+%23EE8888


I know, it's a really long link but if I don't post it here, it will take me a really long time to find it again if I ever need to!

Anyway, back to musing about France. In 100 days, I will be here in this small village in the south of France surrounded by rugged looking mountains - you can see them all green and scraggly-looking behind these shops in this photo of the village square.

I shall be looking to see if this cat is still drinking from the quench that runs down the middle of the street, where copper artisans used to cool their creations. I shall be enjoying seeing Gwen and Vero and Nese again, exploring the vide greniers (flea markets) and the French countryside with Kate and meeting new friends.

I can't wait!

No comments: