Saturday, August 1, 2009

Durfort Workshop 2008 - Day 6

Saturday is market day in France so in the morning, we headed off to Revel to check out the local market. It's what you would call a farmer's market, with stalls full of food of every type imaginable, fresh vegetables, meat, bread, flowers, etc. but also a whole area that is more like a flea market, with clothing and jewellery and bits and pieces of general household stuff. I bought a couple of colourful tablecloths, some tubes of seed beads (natch) and some of the lavender soap that Gwen uses at La Cascade. I have to tell you, it is the most wonderful soap. Not only does it smell nice but here I am a year later, and I am not yet finished the third (and last) bar that I bought!

We worked in the studio for the afternoon, frantically trying to finish everything we had started, as this was our last day. Everyone was very sad to think we would be parting company in the morning.




Nese served our last supper out on the terrace - chicken and vegetables in a yummy sauce, with bowtie pasta and rice combined (who would have thought to mix the two but it was delicious!) Her daughter helped to serve the meal and I asked her to take a picture of all of us together, which turned out really well - I'm so glad to have it.

After dinner, we went back to the studio. I finally went to bed at 1 a.m. but was one of the few to go to bed "early"!


Wendy had worked all week on a French house and when she finished, announced that she was going to sell it when she got home. I immediately offered to buy it, Kate set the price for us and the deal was done. It's a beautiful piece and I love having it as a reminder of both our time in France and my talented new friend.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Cynthia. How big is that house? It's beautiful isn't it.