Thursday, November 22, 2012

Postcard Swap

I signed up to take part in a postcard swap, organized by Hanna Andersson.  You can read more about it here.  Basically, you make 5 postcards, send them out to the names Hanna provides - they are to be in the mail by next Monday, November 26th - and receive 5 postcards from others who have done the same.  Today's the last day to sign up, if you interested (and who wouldn't be?!). 

My friends Laurie and Kym are signed up too (that's how I heard about the swap) and we're going to make a few extra cards to send to each other as well (assuming we don't get each other's names as part of the swap, that is!).

Of course, I can't reveal the finished product just yet, don't want to spoil the surprise for those who will be receiving them, but here's a little peek at the cards I'm making:

(I'm using a template Hanna provided on her blog, which I printed out on cardstock. Thanks for that, Hanna!)

I'll be sure to share pictures of the cards I receive when I get them.  I'm looking forward to finding these pieces of handmade art in my mailbox in the next week or two!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthis, That is a very intriguing collection of goodies assembled there for making postcards!! I'm very curious about what they look like, hope to see the final products posted!!
xo
Gabrielle

She Who Doodles said...

maybe i'll be on your mailing list so i can see the finished cards.

Julie Lapointe said...

Hello Cynthia,

I was very happy to receive one of your postcards for this exchange! Your card is very festive and uplifting. Thank you!

Sarah said...

hi Cynthia - England calling - your lovely postcard made it all the way here in perfect condition :) So far I have received two cards, both from my very favourite country in the world! :D mail from Canada always makes my day :)

all the best

Sarah