Thursday, November 1, 2012

Artober - Week 5

Sadly, the month of Artober has come to an end.  Here's how I spent my (minimum) 15 minutes of art making each day this past week:

Thurs Oct 25 - I worked on this journal page, using a background I had started several months ago and didn't really like.  I like the page a little better now but still not really thrilled with it, I think it's going to need a few more layers.  Going to let it sit for a little longer and see what develops.

Friday Oct 26 - I watched this video of Dina Wakley giving a demonstration and did something similar in my journal:

The stamp I used wasn't bold enough, so I ended up adding a stamped image I had from a class I took back in the summer that was on a thin layer of napkin tissue and gluing it on my page with ModPodge.  I think it made a big difference, as there was no focal point without it.

Sat Oct 27 - decorated my magazine holder, as described in greater detail here.

Sun Oct 28 - took an encaustic wax class at Bizzy B taught by Nancy Donaldson. Here's what I made:


Both pieces are about 5 x 8 inches in size and took longer to make than I expected.  It's also harder than I thought to do encaustic. Nancy makes it look so easy in her demos but there really is more to it than just slapping stuff on with melted wax!

Mon Oct 29 - last night of my 6 week drawing class at Articulations.  Live model drawing.  Most of my sketches were total crap but a few of them, I liked.

Tues Oct 30 and Wed Oct 31 - finished this Hallowe'en themed journal page.

Many thanks to Traci Bunkers for suggesting this challenge.  I have enjoyed making art part of my every day experience.  I am hoping to keep the momentum going in November!

2 comments:

nancy said...

thanks cynthia, so glad you enjoyed the class and it will get easier, like anything the more you do the easier it will get!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the stencil you used on 10/25's page; I have the same one and use it again and again.