Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Birthday Celebration

On Tuesday, the day before my birthday, one of the things I did while passing the time at work, counting down until my date with Mr. Bond, James Bond, was celebrate my birthday with my co-workers.

When I arrived at work, I found my office had been decorated with a "Happy Birthday" banner across the doorway and several balloons.

My assistant Karin got me this button to wear and a gift card for one of my favourite stores.

Eight of us went out for lunch at a nearby Jack Astor's.  We sat in the Elvis booth.

Our waiter Ty brought me a free dessert.  Amazingly, Ty has the exact same birth day as I do!!  What are the odds of that??

My co-worker John took a picture of me that was supposed to include the sparkler on the cake, only it burned out while he fussed with the zoom, so it looks more like I have impaled Tinkerbell on a stick.  Oh well.

All in all, a lovely birthday lunch!


 

2 comments:

Jane Perala said...

Happy Birthday - poor Tink!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I know that booth!