Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New Ledger

My ledger obsession continues with this phenomenal find from a quick visit to Value Village at lunch time today.

I always head to the office supply section first and today, this ledger was the first thing I saw.  I literally snatched it off the shelf, quickly checked the inside pages and the price (only $1.99!!!!) and then clutched it to my bosom and did not put it down again.  I think the guy beside me might have wanted to look at it but once I had it in my hot little hands, I wasn't going to let it go!

I asked Yonhee to pose with the book (while Joy coached her from nearby) so you could get an idea of the size - it measures a whopping 17 by 13.5 inches, and is a half inch thick!!

As you can see, the liner page from the inside from cover has been ripped out (the inside back cover is intact) but it doesn't look like any of the ledger pages (all of which are blank) are missing.  I think it looks kind of cool the way it is.

I also picked up a Rolodex and an accordion file, each for 99 cents. 

For a grand total of $4.49 (the tax man got his share too), I consider it a major SCORE!

3 comments:

The Dixon Chick said...

Awesome score!!! If you see another Rolodex ever, pick it up for me!

Anonymous said...

You definitely have the shopping gene.

Lori Wostl said...

Hi Cynthia, I met you at JournalFest I think. I just scored two such ledgers, mostly empty and I'm not quite sure what to do with them. The paper is really nice. I was thinking we might encourage each other - and maybe others - with ideas and then with show and tell. What are you going to do with yours? Lori W at Art Camp for Women