Friday, May 25, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened...

Okay, I wasn't on the way to the Forum but I did see a Roman gladiator on the way to work this morning.  I smiled, thinking I'd be seeing the real thing at the Colosseum (or Coliseum) in Rome in just a few weeks' time, then didn't give it another thought for the rest of what turned out to be "one of those days where you barely have time to scarf down a sandwich in the the middle of the afternoon from the cafe downstairs because you're too freaking busy to break for lunch". (not my favourite kind of day, let me tell you).

But then, as I was driving home, there were dozens, perhaps hundreds of people in various types of costume.  Most of them in their early 20's, of all sizes, colours and manner of costume.  I couldn't quite figure out the theme, until I realized it must be anime. 

Sure enough, there is a convention going on this weekend near where I work.  I had no idea!

I managed to snap a few photos while traffic was crawling along:
Note: it wasn't raining.

These 3 were posing while several people took their picture.
Check out the reflection in the window.



If I were going to attend, I'd probably wear something with a cape too.  Even if it is 35 degrees C (aka 95F) outside today!

No comments: