Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Windows and Doors

We woke up to grey skies and wet ground this morning. It rained overnight but not enough for any of us to really notice while we slept. Things are grey and overcast overhead as I look out the skylight of the studio, we're moving slowly this morning, without any definite plans as yet. The good news is, it's warm outside, it's just not the kind of day that makes you want to move anywhere quickly.

As a result, I'm spending a little time downloading photos from my camera, sorting them into folders. It's rather a tedious job but worth it when it's done.


I have 68 photos of windows and 114 pictures of various doors so far. I don't know why I keep taking pictures of shutters and their hardware, doorknockers and lintels, but they seem to fascinate me.


The above photos are from my door collection. Here are a few window shots you might also enjoy:

I especially enjoy the worn paint that is everywhere here in France.

Stay tuned, I'll share more door and window photos in a later post.

1 comment:

kate mckinnon said...

Aw, man! I was missing you guys, and hoping for a post telling me what you did today, after dropping me off. I can't believe you have another weekend of vides greniers!

Paris is lovely, and a bit rainy. It's so strange to be on my own. Nice, but strange. I found the coins Dawn left in my little medicine bag and almost cried, it was so silly, and sweet.