Sunday, September 12, 2010

Au Revoir, La Cascade!


Our last day in France is winding down. We are on our way to Ann and Peter's for an aperitif and to pick up our finished scarves, then home for a quick dinner and last minute packing. Dinner last night was amazing, quite magical (I'll post more about our evening in a few days) and two last vide greniers today where we tried to only buy small, lightweight things. Not quite successful but we'll see how it goes when it's time to weigh my suitcase. :)

I can't believe it is time to leave Durfort and France. We're leaving very early tomorrow morning to drive to Toulouse, return the rental car and hop on a plane. Doriot, Dawn and I are on the same flight to Paris, where we'll say goodbye and split up, with me headed back to Toronto and the two of them headed to Atlanta, GA and then on to San Diego for Doriot.

It has been such a wonderful trip and I have very much enjoyed spending this time with Meryl, Dawn, Kate, Doriot and Gwen, enjoying Gwen's wonderful hospitality and meeting so many of her lovely friends. We have seen some amazing sights and delighted our palates with many fabulous taste sensations. I've taken way too many photos but I shall be glad to have them to remember this trip once I get home and in the months and years to come.

I hope to return to this lovely place again some day.

No comments: