Monday, September 13, 2010

Home, Safe and Tired

Just a note to say I am home safe and sound, and happy to be here. What a long day it has been. Right now, it's about 11:30 p.m. in France and I got up at 5 a.m. to start my day, with a 1.5 hour drive and two plane rides since then so as you can imagine, I am just a little bit weary by now and having trouble forming cohesive thoughts and sentences. the good news is, all went without a hitch on the journey, my suitcase was 2 kg lighter than the maximum allowed (darn, I could have put a few more things in there), rental car returned with no issues, fond goodbyes exchanged with my dear new friends, Doriot and Dawn. I do have a bruise forming on my wrist that I have no memory of incurring. Very little sleep on the plane from Paris to Toronto due to happy French senior citizens celebrating their journey to Canada (the ten rows at the back of the plane drank up all the complimentary champagne, leaving none for the rest of us!) and they stopped showing the last movie 5 or 10 minutes before the end, in the middle of the climactic finale, if you can imagine, in favour of repeated announcements about returning seats to their upright position, etc. - not that you really need to see the last 10 minutes of an action movie, do you? I'm sure it all works out okay for everyone. Grrr.

Nevertheless, I am very glad to be home and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, with a purring cat beside me. I am just on my way to the catsitter's to pick him up, I do hope she is willing to give him back! :)

3 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Good to hear that you are home safe and sound. I enjoyed reading about your French adventure!

kate mckinnon said...

yay! home safe!

Sharon said...

Welcome Home!