Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Blue Door For A Blue Day

I'm feeling a little blue today, which I imagine is only natural under these circumstances, after the week I've had.  Kate McKinnon posted a photo on her blog earlier today of one of the beautiful French doors we saw on our travels, which made me think of this blue door (in the process of being photographed by Kate):


and its equally lovely door knocker:


Everywhere we went, there were interesting doors and/or knockers:



At the moment, I feel a bit like this one, as if I too have been knocked hard this week:


I'm sure the feeling will pass. Like those French doors, I intend to stand strong for many years to come.

1 comment:

kate mckinnon said...

Frappezed Fort is what you were for sure.

It's really normal to feel blue, after you've been bruised up, never mind the annoyance of having to replace things that were current and comfortable and working well for you.

You had to Go Back Three Spaces, and it can make a person want to ask, what is the damned reward for being good?