Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Good Day


I picked up my rental car this morning. Ironically, it is a grey Nissan Sentra, the same type of car that hit mine, just a newer model. It seems much too large after my little Versa and the petite Peugeot we were driving in France but it handles well and I'm glad to have a car to get me around.

I went back to work today, after a visit to my eye doctor to have my eyes tested before ordering replacement prescription sunglasses, followed by a visit to the physiotherapist for an assessment to establish a treatment plan. The good news is, he thinks my injuries are relatively minor, soft tissue damage only, and should respond well to treatment. It's just a matter of giving my body time to heal and helping the process along with ultrasound, massage, physio, exercises and possibly...acupuncture! That could be interesting! I've never had it before but I'd like to at least try it once.

I have another bruise on my leg today. It's funny how they keep magically appearing. I don't think it's just that I didn't notice them before, they are such a lovely deep purple colour, it's hard to imagine overlooking them.

The physiotherapist said I may have new aches and pains develop over the next few days because when your body has an experience like this, it is too much for your brain to absorb at once, so it might take a few days before the individual pain messages are received by the brain. I thought that was quite fascinating.

I'm tired after a full day of activity, ready for an early night...but feeling pretty good overall, like a purple hydrangea.

1 comment:

kate mckinnon said...

So glad you are feeling generally well.
Any news on your computer?