Sunday, August 12, 2012

Junction Flea

Headed out early this morning to visit this month's Junction Flea - a Sunday flea market in one of Toronto's neighbourhoods - with my friend Lorraine.



A lovely way to spend a Sunday morning - lots to look at, a few treasures to buy, homemade cookies and peach basil lemonade to drink.

The strangest part of the visit was when a vendor told me it would be $60 if I wanted to buy this entire wooden tray of letters, including the tray.  I bought the letters of my name at a price of 4 for $1.00 and told him I'd think about it.  When I came back only 10 minutes later to see if he would take $50 for it, he told me the price was now $120!  WTF??!!  Needless to say, I didn't buy it.  Weirdest sales technique I've ever encountered!

Lorraine got the best deal of the day when she purchased this vintage photo album (empty) for only $8.00.

Yes, Kate (who says there is one at every flea market), there was a black jaguar!

No comments: