Friday, June 29, 2012

Uffizi Friday

It's only 7:45 pm and yet I am sooo tired, I'm not sure I can stay awake much longer. Spent this afternoon at the Uffizi Gallery, looking at Renaissance paintings. Two hours on a guided tour and another hour on my own. Had debated about going, really glad I did and especially glad I booked the guided tour.  Elisabeth from Artviva Tours was very informative and entertaining and it made all the difference to my visit.

Now officially in brain overload. Going to find some flea markets tomorrow morning and then plan to spend the rest of the day in relaxing mode. But first, I have to take the garbage downstairs which will be a good excuse to get either a gelato or a Granita limone (a lemon slushie) before turning in...

1 comment:

Lori Wostl said...

oh YAY! I did the same thing at the Uffizi and the guided tour really was good. Then I ate bread and cheese and went to bed early - really overwhelming the amount of art and sensory overload! but really, really wish I was there too. Have fun! Lori W at Art Camp for Women