Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Rainbow

I was riding home on the subway tonight just as the sun was setting. I'd been downtown to get my hair cut and underground for most of the time, so hadn't realized it had rained out in the west end of the city until the train was riding through the suburbs above ground and I could see the drying asphalt.  I looked up and saw a rainbow, just as the train was pulling into the next station, cutting off my view of the outdoors.  They are so rare, it is always so magical to see one.

When I got to the final station, I took this photo of the clouds that had formed the backdrop for the rainbow, which was all but invisible in this shot (at least as far as my cell phone camera was concerned!). But as you can see, somewhere in the middle of that formation, it was still raining.

No comments: