Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Students Can Be Teachers

I was at Beadfx last Saturday while Stephanie Dixon was teaching one of her wire crochet courses and popped in to say hello to her and her students. I met a lovely lady by the name of Hyacinthe Miller, who was wearing a fabulous necklace which looked like a fringe of bead dangles. It's amazing to me how you can meet someone in a class who is obviously incredibly talented in their own right but they still want to learn something new. Maybe she is a Sagittarius like me, apparently we have a thirst for knowledge and personal betterment that is not matched by any other sign in the Zodiac.
Hyacinthe's necklace is quite lovely, made from a combination of beads on head pins and sew on embellishmens. The design really gets my brain firing with ideas of ways to vary the style she has created. I can't wait to get started!
In the meantime, here's a look at Hyacinthe's necklace:

No comments: