Thursday, March 5, 2009

No Class Tonight

Lampwork class was cancelled tonight, since the teacher Dwyn is very sick today (feel better, Dwyn!). As disappointed as I am to have a class postponed, I'm kind of glad to have the night off, as it has been a busy week. Plus I was at a conference all day for work so it's probably best if my weary brain doesn't have to absorb anything else today.

Thought I'd share with you a couple of photos of the beads we made in last week's class a.k.a. star beads.

The first photo is a picture of the star bead itself. It's not perfect but it's not too bad, for only my second try at this type of bead.






The next photo is what a bead looks like if you don't add the pointy arms of the star.


The last photo is what the bead looks like if you melt in all the swirly stuff on bead #2 above into the glass.
Cool, eh?

No comments: