Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting Organized

The focus of my day today was to get my bead stash organized. I could have sworn I took a "before" picture but I can't find it at the moment, so you'll have to take my word for it when I tell you that everything was quite messy and there were beads and works in progress scattered everywhere, concentrated mostly in my dining room area. I didn't really have a system in place and hadn't had a chance to organize things since the move.

One of my goals for 2009 is to re-use, recycle and reorganize stuff that I already have, so rather than go to Ikea and buy another bookcase, I decided to store my CD collection in a drawer and thus free up an existing bookcase to hold my bead stash instead. I bought 15 photo storage boxes on sale at Walmart for about $3 each and I now have my beads organized by colour in each box. (This volume will alarm my mother, who already thinks I have too many beads, but she just doesn't realize yet that you can never have too many!) And since it is a bookcase, there is also room for my bead books and magazines.

Here's a picture of the finished product, which will probably never look this neat again but for today, I'm pretty pleased with the results of all my hard work!

No comments: