Saturday, May 20, 2017

Sign

The prompt for today's #artfuladventures hosted by Nathalie Kalbach was "sign".  Nathalie herself posted a picture of a rusty sign in her neighbourhood that she has enjoyed seeing and which inspired her to create a mixed media piece of artwork.  I was going to take a walk and take pictures of the many directional and construction signs in my area.  But this morning, as I went to sit down at my art table, I realized I was being confronted by a different kind of sign:  a message from the universe. Like the one in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" when the pigeon poops on Diane Lane's head and the old woman says it is a sign from God that she is the one who should buy the house.

In my case, I took it as a sign telling me that it was time to clear off my desk.  I had only the grey grid area showing in the photo below left clear.  The rest of my table was a jumbled pile of art supplies and letter writing paraphernalia from April's NLWM activities.  It had been that way for weeks and it had been bothering me and, obviously, restricting my use of the space, but I hadn't had time to do anything about it.  Until today.
I was mostly finished when Maggie came to inspect the progress. She seemed happy with the results and so I continued on.
After only an hour or so of concentrated effort, success!


Day 11/30 - #artfuladventures with Nathalie Kalbach
Day 47/100 - #100dayproject


1 comment:

Jade Sutton said...

Thank you for posting this. I think I have the same sign. Time to clean up! Ha Ha