Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Trip to the Field Museum

For this week's edition of Time Travel Tuesday, I'm remembering a visit to the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago that my sister and I made two years ago in May.  As I recall, it was pouring rain outside and we were happy to be indoors.  I was mesmerized by the building itself - the size and grandeur of it, both inside and out.
I was completely in love with these light fixtures.  The pterodactyl was pretty cool too.
I found the number and variety of animals on display to be astounding.  As I recall, we were only there for a couple of hours and we were lucky enough to get into a guided tour group with minutes to spare.  Afterward, I focused on the bird section.  I like being able to get up close and personal with them, in a way that is difficult if not impossible in real life.  Oh, the feather details!
I was fascinated with the bird skeletons.
The dioramas are really well done.
If I lived in Chicago, I'd be signing up for a membership and spending every spare minute in this place.  Instead, I'll have to hope I get back there once or twice or several times more in my lifetime!


Day 29/100 - #100dayproject


No comments: