Tuesday, May 9, 2017

From the Roof of the Hacienda

In this week's edition of "Time Travel Tuesday", I'm taking us back to Mexico and a very special hacienda.  My last visit was in September of 2015, you can read about it here and here.

For me, some of the prettiest viewpoints in the Hacienda Jaral de Berrios were those I found outside.
There are overgrown fields surrounding the property and the mountains in the distance.
There are two beautiful churches across the road, as well as grain silos and on the far right, another interesting structure, but I couldn't tell you what it was used for - we didn't get a clear explanation about that one.
Hector our guide took us up on the roof, for a closer look at the elements that give this building its castle-like appearance.

It really is a magical place and I hope to go back there some day.

No comments: