Sunday, May 12, 2013

2 Shows in 2 Days

Who knew antiquing/flea marketing could be so exhausting?  I went to bed early last night so I could get up early this morning to head to the Junction Flea.  Was there when they opened at 9, all done by 10 a.m. It was just too darned cold and windy to linger any longer than that.  At least this morning I was prepared with gloves and an extra fleece layer under my raincoat and a soft, woolen scarf around my neck.  It was actually hailing when we were headed back to our cars an hour or so later after brunch - crazy!!

All I bought this morning were some metal elements from Naomi Smith, a bead artist I know from The Toronto Bead Society.  I was glad to hear she will be there every month this summer, she always has cool stuff.  Several of last year's regulars were there, some were missing and there were a number of new vendors as well.  I have a feeling the cold weather kept a few away, hopefully it will be nicer for the June event!
What I bought from Naomi

Loved this display!
A Tattered and Torn display
The Eclectic Pelican
Several people were worried about their
tent covers blowing away today!
I felt very much like I was all shopped out after the trip to Aberfoyle yesterday, where I picked up a couple of old ledgers, some amazing rubber stamps, both a full alphabet and two sets of numbers (the letters and one set of numbers are 1.25 inches high, and the 2nd set of numbers are 1/2 high).


I also got two old photo albums, one with this kitschy cover:

They're filled mostly with black and white photos but one book has a few pages of colour shots at the back from 1960:

Snow angels!
Was home from the Flea by noon today, so darned tired I could hardly speak when my sister phoned to chat, had to lie down for a 1.5 hour nap!  Hopefully I will be all rested up when it's time to do it again in two weeks at the Christie Antique Show!

No comments: