Monday, April 8, 2013

The Circus is in Town

Circus is the theme for our Journal Junkies meeting tonight at Bizzy B.  I can't wait to see what the others have done but now, here's a peek at my page.

For this two page spread, I prepped my page with acrylic paint, washi tape and rubber stamps.  I wanted to give it a bit of a distressed look, so I painted over the initial layer with another layer of acrylic paint mixed with a glazing medium.  It made the ink I'd used for the rubber stamps (Memento, which is water resistant, not waterproof) smear a little bit but that was perfect for the look I was going for - a little old, a little seedy, like a circus prop that has been around for a while, painted over and over and weathered with age.

Then I added text and images - cutouts of rubber stamp images that I had coloured with Sharpie water paint pens and Peerless watercolours and a vintage photo.



I was going to say, "...and never date men who wear tights" but then I realized the guys in the photo weren't wearing tights. ;)

No comments: