Saturday, September 1, 2012

Toronto Graffiti

Here are some pictures I took the other day/early evening when I was in downtown Toronto, walking to the AGO.  Luckily I had my camera with me as some of this graffiti is really spectacular:
Imagine Pooh and Piglet being
part of a graffiti painting?!
I especially liked this one!

Not sure I understand the theme of this painting
but I quite liked it! See detailed shots below.


Close up of the detail -
how long did it take to paint all those dark lines?!

The artist's signature

Even the tarmac on the ground
was decorated in this parking lot!
This one was my favourite, I love the colours they used:

Obviously, we've got a lot of talented artists around this city!

I felt a bit like I was back in Rome, with the warm weather and street art, especially when I saw these two scooters parked on the sidewalk!


2 comments:

Lori Wostl said...

Whew! finally get a minute for my compulsive browsing...love graffiti in general and this is excellent art! Is it approved in Toronto? Or will this art go the way of 'cleanup?' We get some fabulous art on our freeway underpasses, but it is quickly whitewashed away...sigh

Taylor schapiro said...

You have been busy with your camera. Love these graffiti images.