Monday, February 13, 2012

Wings in Progress

For our monthly Journal Junkies meet up today, the theme was "wings".  As you know from my blog posts, I've been a little busy lately so I didn't have a chance to start my journal page until yesterday and when I finally got going, it took longer than expected so the page isn't finished yet. Which is just fine. I took it to the meeting tonight and everyone was most encouraging about what I have done so far and there was no judgment for not being done.

I painted myself a bird.  I've wanted to do so since being at PLAY two weekends ago and seeing a painting that Lisa Cheney-Jorgensen was working on.  She draws and paints the most beautiful birds, as you may recall from the painting of the rainbow bee eater I bought from her at Journalfest last fall (I posted a photo of it here).

It's not the world's best bird painting but it's not the worst either. I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out and the way I was able to shade the colours using techniques taught by Jane Davenport in the "Draw Happy" class last weekend.  I used Copic markers and Caran D'Ache Neocolor water-soluble wax pastels. 

Stay tuned, I'll post a photo when I get the whole page done.

No comments: