Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Special Sale

Kate McKinnon is having a web sale. You're going to want to click on this link and see what she has on offer: http://katemckinnon.bigcartel.com/. When you get there, click on the various categories listed on the right hand side to make you see everything, because you never know what is going to catch your eye.

I picked up Treasure Box #3 yesterday. Kate had this great idea to combine several items and package them together in a box. Here's how she described the one I got: "a nifty Black Cat cigar box, converted into a kickass travel and display box for your lampwork collection." Who can resist a sales pitch like that? Doesn't everyone need a kickass travel and display box? I know I did. I was really excited by the idea of this box, I can't wait to see it in person. "Five slender steel mandrels fit neatly into slots in the side of the box, and soft clear tubing is included to cut for stops, or spacers between your beads. A foam pad, meant to protect the beads in transport, is included." Now how clever is that?? It sounds like the perfect way to carry lampwork beads around.



But that's not all. "This fabulous box is holding an equally fabulous treasure - a clothesline full of handmade, beautifully detailed lampworked glass laundry...two sundresses, two white t-shirts, and cute little pair of pants." Now take a look at these beads, are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen? How clever is Michelle Goldstein for having made these beads? I think she is amazingly talented. I'm not entirely sure what I will do with these beads but I'm going to have fun thinking something up, that is for sure!


"As if that weren't exciting enough, a wacky Sharon Peters fried egg and three lengths of vintage-inspired brass chain is in there too." I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with a bead that looks like a fried egg but you've got to admit, it's pretty unusual! And I love, love, love this chain.



Kate is also selling several of her PMC silver jewellery pieces as well but I'm sure you're going to want to have a treasure box for yourself, now that you've seen mine. Of course, they are all one of a kind and they sell quickly, so you're going to want to hurry over to Kate's website to take a look. As I write this, treasure box #4 is still available and it looks pretty special too: http://katemckinnon.bigcartel.com/product/treasure-box-4-michele-goldstein-heart-shapes.

No comments: