Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2 More Sleeps

I am feeling a little panicked tonight, as if I won't have enough time to get everything done. Or rather, that I don't have the energy to do it. I've been waking up at 5 a.m. for the past couple of days, my mind suddenly wide awake and going full steam ahead with plans and things to remember, while my body is having trouble keeping up with the lack of sleep. Losing that extra hour over a day or two can really make a difference. It doesn't help that work is so busy, no time to relax and just breathe. Just two more days, I tell myself. I shall sleep the rest of the righteous on the plane and arrive in France, rested and raring to go! On the plus side, getting up early has given me extra time to work on my travel journal, so that is a bonus.

Tonight's plan is to pack my suitcase. I picked up a portable luggage scale at a silent auction on the weekend which I'm sure will come in most handy, especially when I am flying back and wondering if all my flea market purchases will put me over my 23 kg limit.


But first, last minute trip to drug store for missing toiletries? Check. Gift for friend's birthday tomorrow, made and wrapped? Check. Calls to bank and credit card company to advise of travel plans? Check. Pedicure? Check. Nail polish in soft French blue colour? Um, not exactly. More like an electric turquoise, but it is growing on me!

No comments: