Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Buried Treasure

Did I mention that I am leaving for France in just NINE days??? I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. I have been planning for this trip since March of 2009 and the time is finally almost here.

I've started making little piles around my apartment of stuff that I want to take, cross-checking against my various lists. One thing I hadn't done before now was check in my "travel box", which is one of those boxes for storing photos that looks like a colourful shoe box, to see if I had any euros left over from my last trip to France in 2008. Eureka, I did. Two hundred dollars worth, in fact!

It feels like buried treasure, finding money that you had tucked away a couple of years ago and forgotten about. Of course, it was worth about $50 more back then but it's still found money, no matter how you slice it, and it will spend just as easily!

No comments: