Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2.0

My friends south of the border are celebrating Thanksgiving today. Here are some of the things I am grateful for today (in no particular order):

1. The one hour phone call I had with my youngest brother.

2. The opportunity to make art.

3. My new friends from class and our plans to keep in touch and continue getting together to make stuff when class is over.

4. Fond memories of old friends.

5. Being able to keep in touch with the people I love who are far away via phone, email, Facebook, Twitter and occasionally, snail mail.

6. Stationery stores.

7. A positive performance review at work.

8. Winning an auction for Season 3 of Boston Legal on eBay.

9. This mild November weather we've been having, even if it has been grey and raining for several days in a row now.

10. My beloved cat Max, who continues to intrigue and entertain me, as I wonder what is going on in his head. His latest thing is to jump up on the bathroom counter when I'm getting ready in the morning and wait for me to put fresh water in his bowl, which he then has to consume right away. I like watching the reflection of his face in the bottom of the dish as he laps up the water. I tried to capture it in this photo and you get a good look at his cute little nose but can't quite see the little pink tongue slurping away the way I do when I'm standing beside him.

No comments: