Saturday, November 14, 2009

Creating with Collage

I'm away on vacation at the moment, taking a PMC workshop in Tucson at Kate McKinnon's home studio, but before I left, I put together a few blogs to tide you over until I return.

This one is about the collage pieces we created last week in my Creative Art Journal class.

I say "we" because I wanted to show you a couple of pieces made by my fellow classmates, Katherine and Annette.

Katherine made this amazing piece with the flowers and the guy with the briefcase and the bird's head. I don't know if it has a name, but I think it's terribly clever and quite visually appealing. I've included a close-up of the wording, which is various clips from horoscopes. Brilliant, eh?

Annette created this beautiful collage. She told me the colours she was working with and I came across this picture of the cheetah as I was flipping through a bunch of magazines, but she did the hard part of putting the picture together. I love the way the colours go together and the mix of textures! Amazing, isn't it?

And finally, here is my concoction. I put the picture and the various bits and pieces together and then was looking through the newspaper for words to go with it and found these two captions, which I think suit it perfectly! :)

No comments: